Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thanksgiving

I have to say this year we had one of the most enjoyable Thanksgivings I can ever remember. Our family had a mini reunion to set the marker stone on my grandparents grave. My Uncle Kelton did a beautiful job making the headstone and we were able to listen to everyone share funny memories and valuable lessons learned from Grandma and Grandpa Uda. It was also nice to get to know our cousin Falon a little better and see all our other family from out of town.


Becca did a great job putting together a talent show and even my hubby Tau got in on the action. The video of us dancing is on Youtube under Uda girl group dance (sorry Tau) if you haven't already seen it or want to see it.

I think Noa's favorite part was hanging out with his little cousins Brooklyn and Brinley. I am proud to say he's got his daddy's genes. He's definitely going to break 5'10. Whoopie!

I couldn't decide on a picture. They were all so cute.


Naomi got a bunch of us to sign up for the Orem City Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. Kevin, Taber, and Becca placed, and Naomi came soon after. I ran with Noa and gave it my best. We didn't make the best time and I almost gave up, but thanks to Kevin yelling for me at the finish line I pushed my way to the end. Thank you Hanks family for getting my blood moving through my limbs.

Other fun memories were waking up at 5 a.m. on black Friday with my crazy sister Becca and Kevin to shop at Walmart ...


the many sister dates, Twilight ...



Late nights with the adults to play Settlers and Pounce (thanks mom and dad for listening out for Noa), Taking up an entire row and a half at church (ah the good ol' days)...


the Tepanyaki date (thanks Becca and Taber) and all the other delicious desserts and food (yummo).


What a great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Anita said...

i love love love all the pictures! man i am so behind on blogging. now that the holidays are done i really need to catch up on the month of december! looks like you guys had a awesome thanksgiving! steph & i saw twilight last week & loved it!!! i'm so hooked and am just about done reading book number 2...tonight i have another date w/ my book :) i think keola's already tired of staring at me reading my book 2 nights straight...guess its good he works tonight hee hee

Naomi Hanks said...

I'm glad you did another post, but when I first read the title I thought it was going to be a video of Noa laughing...:( Maybe next time! Love you dude!

Jennie said...

Awesome pics! Congrats again on that 5K. You totally rock!

The Guirola-Uyema's said...

I had to see the video-So funny! You're a good sport, Tau.