Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Conference Weekend

Tau recently got a new calling and was scheduled to be set apart on Saturday after the priesthood session of conference. We were very lucky to have Tau's parents come up from AZ to show their support. 


It was just a small get-together with both our parents, us, and the boys (Noa's coat was slippery :) Poor guy).


Just in case you are wondering, Tau got special permission to grow his hair and beard out. He is being considered for a part in the church's new movie the New Testament



The best part of the weekend was having Tau's parents stay a little longer to spend time with the boys. They just ate it up. Here Noa is enjoying a story from Papa while Nana entertained Micah.


I think Micah's favorite part was when Noa would go to bed so he could spend some one-on-one time with Nana and Papa. He was all smiles.


Micah working on his 6-pack



I don't know whats up with his open mouth smile. I think he was trying to say cheese.


Even though Easter wasn't until the end of the month, we threw a little easter egg hunt while Tau's parents were out so the boys could celebrate with them. Plus I was trying to make Noa practice as much as he could before the real easter egg hunts so he could find me lots of candy :) He was a very good tracker and found all the eggs in no time. Micah even got in on the action.


Micah sitting on his nest of eggs. Hehe


The boys loved being with their Nana and Papa and were very sad to see them go. It always takes a few days before Noa stops looking for them. We were very excited to have them come and be a part of such a special experience. All in all, it was a great weekend, all the conference talks seemed to be written just for me and it was reaffirmed to me why I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful man who is always striving to honor his priesthood and loves the Lord with all his heart.

5 comments:

Erin said...

That's awesome about the high council! Seriously, though, I would love to see Tau in the NT movie! I have a friend who is in one of the Church Jesus movies from when we were in Jr High and I have to say, "That's my friend, Kim" every time I see it. The boys would get a kick out of having their daddy in a movie, how cool! On a different note, I wish these stinkin' airfares would go down so I could solidify our trip out to see you guys. It's driving me crazy!

Ryan said...

Congrats Tau! Grandparents are the best! Glad you guys got to spend good time with them! BTW this is Cherisse :)

Beccarigg said...

So proud of Tau and so glad his parents could be there to support him on such a special day!

LOVE all the pictures of the boys. When I was looking at them I just kept thinking, "dang! Sarah and Tau make good looking kids!" Seriously, they are so adorable. That first pic of Noa sliding out of his jacket is awesome. Same with the pic of Micah's little egg nest. hahaha! Glad they had so much fun with the grandparents. Love you guys!

p.s. Tau is rocking the facial hair, he totally better get the part!

Ryan said...

You guys are a great family. There has never been any doubt in my mind that you were "special." Anyway, happy to see you guys enjoying your time as a family.

Neeters said...

Man the boys are getting so big!! Can't wait to visit w/ you guys next month! I forgot about the play & was so gonna bust Tau for his hair LOL :) Love you guys!