Thursday, January 22, 2009

He's Laughing!

I have been worried Noa wasn't laughing and smiling like the books say he's supposed to. Then I realized maybe he doesn't laugh because I don't really laugh around him. I'm sure babies learn how to laugh even if people don't laugh around them, but just in case I decided I would try harder to laugh so he could see what it's like. Slowly, but surely Noa has started to smile and laugh. And let me tell you it is to die for. I just love watching him grow up and learn new things. Here is a video of my efforts to get him to laugh. Embarrassing myself in front of him was worth it when I saw his Grandma Ioane telling him to go to bed and him laugh out because he thought she was hilarious. Now I play games on Tau, I will whisper stuff into Noa's ear (i.e. lets make daddy change your poopy diaper) and then give a sinister laugh and Noa will start laughing with me. When Tau hears us laughing he comes running into the room so he can be part of the joke. Little does he know he is the joke. Mwah ha ha! Just kidding babe ... Love ya

Operation Laugh from Sarah Ioane on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! That was THE cutest thing EVER!! I couldn't stop smiling through that whole video. His laugh is to die for! Oh my gosh! Seriously I can't even handle how cute that was, I just want to eat him!

p.s. I also got a kick out of your psycho laugh and his "what the heck?" look. Good stuff!

Ryan said...

He is such a cute little guy! I like how you came up with a plan to get him to laugh, very cute! Mosiah didn't laugh or smile for the first 4 months. He was also so serious. Jan. 21st I had our baby...Naabaahii Tai. You can check out pictures on our blog.
Cherisse

daveandsavani said...

that is way cute sarah!!! i love the video- your son is adorable- but im sure you already know that!