Sunday, February 8, 2009

6 Months Old

Noa's learning things so fast. I find myself not wanting to teach him new things just so I can enjoy his newborn stage a little longer. No matter how hard I resist though, my little guy is growing up. He is determined to be independent. I'm going to miss this stage, but I know the stages to come will be just as fun and exciting. Here are a few pictures from the last month and some of the new skills he has learned.


He likes to play dress up with mommy, when daddy isn't looking.


Still waiting to find out if Noa gets his dads 20/20 or if he'll get to sport some sweet glasses like his mom for the rest of his life


Noa has learned how to be a self soother.


He can hold his own bottles


He is very possessive of his things and gets upset if you take them from him.


He loves to drink out of regular cups and sippy cups

Food is his new passion. He wants to eat whenever we eat and has decided he hates mom's milk now. Only food that he can feed himself with will do.


His favorite outfit is his birthday suit. We already have struggles when it comes to getting dressed.

He's learned how to cheese for the camera

He loves to stand and can even takes tiny steps when we hold his hands. No crawling or rolling to his tummy yet.

He's perfected his gangsta lean and even flashes signs.

He always wants to be looking out. I can tell he takes in everything. He's always observing things, always learning. I've decided he's going to be the strong silent type.

Last, but not least, Noa has almost mastered sitting up on his own. Here is a video of him at his cousins birthday party. It's the longest he's ever sat up before. I think it's because he was distracted. He can't decide between his new toy or his fingers.



We love him so much. Noa brings joy and laughter into our home and although we will miss his newborn stage. Tau and I can't wait to see what else he will teach us in the stages to come.

14 comments:

Tara said...

He is so cute Sarah. Really though, exceptionally cute! I can't believe he's 6 months already. I love all the different pictures, he is a sweetie.

Beccarigg said...

That is an awesome collection of pictures! They totally show his little personality. I love that in his self soothing pic he's doing the sign language for "I love you" So sweet! I love the gangsta lean too, that's hilarious! I'm so amazed that he holds his own bottles and is drinking out of sippys! What a big boy! That video was cracking me up too! He was like turbo hyper hypo with that balloon! LOVED it! Thanks for the post, Auntie needs to see how her little guy is growing. : )

Johnson Family said...

He is so cute and getting so big!!! It seems only yesterday that you had him =) Crazy how time flies when you're with/watching/and having so much fun with your little one!!!

Naomi Hanks said...

Ha HA! I laughed SO hard at the video with the balloon. Brooklyn never sat up until one day I gave her a pen and she was so distracted that she sat up. I think she was about 6 months as well. Sure miss you guys!

Pae and Guy said...

Six months already? Wow! He's getting so big. Miss you sis!

daveandsavani said...

can you have more kids..please.. noah is just too cute!

alexis said...

I love the picture of him with his fingers in his mouth. That's a good skill for a baby to have, especially good for Mommy!

Manda said...

Thank you for posting that Sarah! Your baby is so beautiful. He is also lucky to have such intuitive and perceptive parents who obviously care so much for him! I have to come and visit you guys again before he is much older.

Anita said...

love it!! noa is such a cutie and i love his chunky little cheeks! i miss the little guy, can't believe he's already 6 months. feels like he'll be walking already before we see him again :( they grow so fast. give noa big kisses from all of us! love you guys, kalama krew

Grandma Pratt said...

Sarah,
Maybe I'll get this posted this time. I love the pictures and especially the video. Noa is growing so fast. I wish I could see all of you.
Love,
Grandma Pratt

mary said...

Hi Sarah,

I can't remember how I know you, but I found your blog off a friends. Your little boy is so cute! love the pics!!

Becca Welch said...

Oh my heavens... we have to get together, he is getting so big. I miss you! well I will call you this week, Cute pictures.
Love you-Becca

Beccarigg said...

Hey Sarah, your blog just called and said it wants to be updated!!! So yeah, when you get back from Hawaii I want to see pics STAT!!
love you!

M. Fritze said...

oh my gosh he is the cutest thing ever!! what a cute blog! you guys look great.