Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 part 1

Come with us on our Christmas trip: (I thought I'd add in my two cents too. Hope you don't mind Tau, thanks for posting)

First we drove down to Arizona in a blizzard! The drive is usually 10-12 hours, but it took us 18. It was coming down so hard that the first stretch that should've been 2 hrs took us 5 and we had to go 25 mph. Tau was white knuckling it the whole time. We tried to stop and get a hotel, but everyone else had the same idea and they were all full. We finally did find a place that had rooms, but the cars had what looked like 2 feet of snow on them. I convinced Tau that we had gotten this far and it would be better if we just finished driving through it so we wouldn't get snowed in.

It was a good thing because we heard in the morning that they had gotten snowed in and cars were stuck. We got through the snow two hours later and it was smooth sailing from there. Poor Tau looked like a nervous wreck. He is our hero.  I would've been crying the whole time if I were the one driving.

These pictures were taken by Tau, early morning at the better parts of the snow blizzard. The worst parts were in the night. You couldn't see 5 ft in front of you and Tau wouldn't have dared try and take pictures then.


After we got passed all of the snow we stopped near Page, AZ to look at the dam and stretch our legs. Noa gave it a thumbs up!

Micah and Noa were great travel companions. Micah slept almost the whole time. It helped that we left in the middle of the night, but with Noa, we couldn't have done it without the dvd player and Baby Einstein.


Here's another stop on our way. Panorama....not bad huh?




Then we took a ride on Route 66 stopping at a Diner, Drive-Inns, and Dives place we found online. Salsa Brava! Yes the salsa was crazy hot. This was my Christmas present from Tau. I love triple D and  drool constantly when I watch the show. I am always saying one day I want to take a road trip and visit all the places they feature. Well Tau listened. He actually found a few on the way for us to stop at, but the blizzard put our timing off so we just got to stop here. Still I think it's super cute that he remembered and made my "one day" a "today" and let us stop.
The food was just as good as it looked on tv. I was in flavor burst heaven. Tau couldn't handle the heat :) but in all fairness, his dish made it so you couldn't taste anything after the first bite. Mine was more mild.



18 hours later we arrived in Mesa, AZ. That was the trip down. Look for more about the rest of the trip.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

Noa looks like such a stud in that thumbs up picture! Also love Micah's little hat. What cutie toot little boys : ) Can't believe your trip took you 18 hours. Yikes! Glad you survived!

Naomi Hanks said...

I hate long scary drives! Glad you made it safe and sound, and that you were able to have a little fun on the way!

Pae and Guy said...

Props to Tau not only for getting there safely, but for making little dreams come true :)

Cherisse said...

Oh my goodness, that's scary, but glad you made it safe! Warmer weather sounds so good right now!