Thursday, August 26, 2010

Green Eggs & Ham

Noa's diet usually consists of yogurt, cheese, lots of fruit, and fruit snacks. It's like pulling teeth to get him to eat anything else so we usually slip him protein shakes and tell him it's chocolate milk. The other morning, however, he woke up with a very healthy appetite and requested food from his favorite book. I was so excited. If he was really going to eat it, I'll make him whatever he wants.

Didn't know how to make ham green, plus green meat is just wrong.

Noa was all smiles as he helped me cook the food and then we read his book while he happily stuffed his face.
The things we do to get our kids to eat

6 comments:

Pae and Guy said...

AWESOME!!!

Naomi Hanks said...

Loved this post and LOVE the last picture of Noa with his green eggs and the book! SO cute! Good job jumping on the opportunity to get some protein in that boy too. :)

Ryan said...

Haha... that is so funny. What a cute little kid. The things they come up with.

Beccarigg said...

Haha! That last pic is AWESOME!! Dude, you gotta get creative when it comes to feeding two year olds! Brinley's latest thing is that she crawls around under the table with Monty and barks when she wants us to hand down some food. Sounds totally disgusting and wrong but if it gets her to eat I don't care!

Ryan said...

Tau-

Thanks for the note. I know that El Salvador is where you went on your mission. Too bad you werent more available here because we paid for some interpreters to go down with us--Anyway, we went to the villages of Tecapan, Alegria, Puerto Parada, and Juayan. They were all very small and isolated areas about 2.5-3 hrs from San Salvador. It was great experience though.. wish you could have come and showed me the ropes, although I got pretty good holding my own doing exams in spanish.

Becca Welch said...

You need to give me some ideas to get livy to eat baby food. I wish food coloring would work, but she just loves her momma's milk too much I guess... cute post!