Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Photo: Lost & Found

About a month ago I convinced Tau to take us ice skating for Family Home Evening. I was really excited to see what Noa thought of the ice. Parking was packed so Tau dropped us off to find a spot and Noa and I went to get the tickets. As we were walking in I set Noa down to hand the tickets over and looked up for one second to answer a question. When I looked back down, Noa was gone. The arena was shoulder to shoulder packed with people. I ran in and started to look for him. 10 minutes (an eternity) and many tears later someone found him playing in a corner. He didn't even miss us and was having the time of his life.

We had described Noa over the speakers and so after we found him I felt like everyone knew I was the bad mom who lost my son. My eyes were swollen from crying and Tau was a nervous wreck so we never got to actually skate. We grabbed a bag of popcorn, snapped this picture to blog about, and went straight home and held Noa until he fell asleep.


After this experience Noa now has a "leash" backpack which I said I would never get for my kids and I never let him down even when he is screaming if I know I can't watch him. I was not only scared I had lost my son forever, but that my husband would never forgive me. Luckily I married my prince charming. He was jumping over stair cases and walls like a super hero to find Noa and afterwards he didn't scold me for losing him or anything. He just put his arms around me and comforted me. We also had great friends there who helped us run around looking for Noa. Thanks Candice and Dayton, that meant the world to us.

4 comments:

Beccarigg said...

That sounds terrifying! Definitely one of my worst nightmares to lose one of my kids. I'm so glad you found him and that everything turned out okay. And dude, I'm all about the kid leash! I thought they were insulting before I had kids but now I'm thinking of getting one for Brinley. That squirmy worm can get into trouble fast!

Naomi Hanks said...

So So So Glad you found him!!! That would have scared me to death and I wouldn't have been able to stop crying for hours! Glad there are such things as kid leashes!

Anita said...

that is honestly the scariest thing ever!! i have tears just reading about it & tau had already told me the story. just remember none of us are perfect & we all experience it at some point to some extent as a parent, but no matter if its 1 min or 10 min your heart drops, panic sets in and it feels like forever. lol on the leash...tried it w/ lagi & it didn't work too well :) love u guys!

Pae and Guy said...

kids gonna be a little adventurer...